Thursday, February 4, 2010

Day 22 - Spiritual Emphasis 2

Proverbs 31

This week we had Spiritual Emphasis days. Today was the second of the two days. Yesterday I spent a lot of time pouring into the lives of my friends: praying for them, crying with them, loving them. But today God had something specific He wanted me to hear. I went up for prayer, asking for direction and purpose in my life. I recieved a lot of powerful prayer, and then the scripture Proverbs 31 was spoken over my life.

Proverbs 31 talks about a woman of noble character. It talks of how beautiful she is, what duties she follows through every day, and how she has a heart for God. It talks about how she loves others, and how much she loves her husband and children. The scripture also talks of her character. She is a wise and faithful woman, wise, gracious, loving. Her character portrays and real love for God.

For years I have struggled with beauty and worth. When I was younger, people spoke a lot of lies into my life. Telling me I'm ugly, unwanted, and that I will never amount to anything. But God has really been revealing His love for me lately. He has given me people in my life who tell me I'm beautiful, loved, and worthy. When Proverbs 31 was spoken over my life, it completely broke me down. I realized that I serve a God who LOVES me. He looks past my flaws, and He focuses on my beauty and worth.

Dear God, thank you for creating me. Thank you for giving me the gift of life. Help me to follow your ways and to help build others up and not tear them down. Continue to help me as I find out my worth, and see my beauty. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment