Saturday, January 30, 2010

Day 17 - Faith... Again.

Matthew 17:14-21

A demon-possessed boy was brought before Jesus. He was having seizures and was suffering quite a bit. The demon-possession within him caused him to fall into fire and water. The same boy had been brought before the disciples, but they had been unable to heal him. Jesus replied by saying this: "O unbelieving and perverse generation, how long shall I stay with you? How long shall I put up with you? Bring the boy here to me." The boy was brought to Jesus, and Jesus rebuked the demon. Immediately the boy was healed. Later on, the disciples asked Jesus why they couldn't drive the demon out. Jesus responded by saying: "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible to you."

The Bible talks quite a bit about faith. Faith is what we are to live by and it is how we should go about our daily lives. Without faith, we will lack everything. We will lack a proper relationship with God, we won't believe in the forgiveness of sins, we won't receive any blessings, and we will be confused about relationships and friendships. No matter the fact that faith is mentioned in the Bible so many times, the amount of times is important and beneficial to Christians. Faith is what will drive us to follow God and to live life in complete surrender. Have faith, don't let doubt or sin bring you down.

God, continue to teach me how to be faithful. I want to have faith that can move mountains, and I want to believe that You can do all things. Teach me how I can do this. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment