Saturday, January 16, 2010

Day 4 - Do Not Judge

Matthew 7

We live in a culture that is very judgemental. We compare ourselves to others, and often judge those who are different. This sense of judgement has gotten to the point where many people cannot trust their friends and acquaintances. But the Bible says in Matthew 7: "Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." We are not to judge, because if we judge, the same will be used on us. If we talk badly about another person, we should expect the same to be spoken of us. So it is best to follow the Bible and simply not judge others.

I tend to be a judgemental person, but God has taught me how I should treat people, and how I should talk about people. I am learning to follow God's ways and apply a non-judgemental attitude in my daily life. I choose to obey the Bible and to avoid judgement and thinking less of people. Each person is special and unique, and it is not my place to judge what they do and don't do.

Dear God, help me to keep from judging others. Help me follow the Bible and respect the people around me. Help me realize the importance of loving others, and of not judging them. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment