Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Day 6 - God's Heart

Jeremiah 17:8

Recently in my Life Group we did a prophetic action. We took 5 pieces of paper, one for each Life Group member, and numbered them 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5. Then we put on some worship music and prayed. After praying we took whatever number we felt called to, and wrote a note of encouragement in whatever way God directed us to. God spoke to each one of us in the group, and I felt especially spoken to.

Lately I have felt weary and dry, empty and broken. I have many friends who draw from me on a regular basis, and often it gets to be very exhausting. I have chosen to apply this scripture to my life, giving more time for God. I understand that once God is first and foremost in my life, I will begin to feel full and ready to give. Having God in my life will mean that I am not dry and weary, but that I am prepared and ready for giving to others and for blessing others.

Dear God, help me to apply this scripture to my life. Teach me to spend more time with you, and to not allow my body to grow weary from emptiness. Teach me what I need to learn, and allow me to be receptive to all that is said to help me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment