Psalm 119
Lately I have been struggling with my purity. I waited a long time to date, and I had strict boundaries and expectations about how my future relationship would go. I found the perfect man, and we are moving towards a marriage relationship in years to come. This man had dated before me, and had given up all but sex to other girls. In our relationship he never intended to push me too far, but because of his past and those tendancies, I did get pushed more then I wanted to. And we have made steps to overcoming our sins and the things we have done together. But guilt has still found it's way into my life, I feel completely shameful when I think of the things I've done. So I made the choice to work towards redeeming myself, and giving my life to God, in my purity, my relationship, and in all other areas of my life.
Psalm 119 gives working guidelines to how you can walk purely and controlled for God. It talks about staying grounded in God's word, and about how to keep from faltering, despite what the world tells you you can or can't do. It was a difficult passage to read, but it gave me faith in redemption and God's saving grace. He doesn't require for us to sit in a mud puddle, bemoaning the life that we are living. He wants us to stand up and walk for him, living a God directed life. He shows that he will honor us if we walk purely and righteously.
My goal is to follow God's guidelines and to live a pure life as directed through the scriptures. I choose to follow God's commands, walk in accordance to God's word, take a stand against sin. I will follow the direction that Psalm 119 and God's word says. I know that by following God's ways, he will help me overcome the difficulties in my life. Nobody else can help me in the way that God does, for he is divine and perfect.
Dear God, help me to walk purely and righteously. Give me direction to where you want me to go. Allow me to live the life that you have called me to live. You are my King, and it is my duty and choice to follow your ways. Amen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment