Matthew 8:5-13
In Mattthew 8 it tells a story of the Centurion visiting Jesus. He begs Jesus to come save his favored servant, who is sick and dying. Jesus responds by telling the centurion that he will go and help heal his servant. The centurion told Jesus of the authority that he had in his household. He said that if he says go, his servants will go. If the centurion says comes, they will come. The centurion said that if Jesus wishes the servant to be healed, he must simply say it is so, and it will be so. Jesus spoke to those following saying, this man has great faith. He knew that Jesus would heal the servant. The centurion had faith. Because of this faith, the servant was instantly healed.
We live in a world that has a hard time believing what is true and untrue. We have a difficult time keeping our faith. We often don't believe or have faith that what we need done will be done. This is a bad attitude, we should practice faith everyday. It can be a difficult thing to do, but once we accept faith, our lives will be changed forever. We will be able to walk boldly in our lives, and we will live with positivity and surrender. Faith is what can hold us together, and faith will help us to live loving and God directed lives.
God, help me to be faithful to you. Help me to also have faith in what I see and do not see. I believe that you died for me, and I believe that you can do all things for the good of my life. Teach me to follow in your ways and to have faith in what I can see and what I cannot see. Amen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment